Join The Team!
Who are Fairy Cool Parties?
Fairy Cool Parties are one of Melbourne’s largest children’s entertainment companies.
Founded in 2009 we have evolved from a small mobile business with 1-3 hosts, to an established premier company offering children’s birthday parties at our Balwyn venue.
Due to the high number of bookings, we are always on the lookout for exceptional party hosts to join our ever-expanding team.
What do Party Hosts do?
Our children’s party hosts provide entertainment at children’s birthday parties, christenings, fetes etc – basically, any function that children may need to be entertained! Entertainment may involve story-telling, magic tricks, dancing, party games, face painting and balloon twisting – which would be facilitated by you. All scripts and training are provided – we just need bubbly, energic hosts to run our programs!
Adaptability is crucial to our success and central to you enjoying your work.
Our venue party hosts host at our Balwyn North location, and would only be required to travel there.
How much does Party host make?
Our Party Hosts rates vary depending if you are engaged as a Mobile Host, or Venue Host.
Venue Hosts are casual employees who are paid the award rate and receive all employee benefits. Their rate is generally between $22 – $33 per hour depending on days worked.
95% of our work is based on the weekends and party hosts that have good availability will be given preference and consistent weekly bookings.
What does a Party host wear?
Our Party Hosts will be portraying many well-loved characters including Disney Princesses, fairies, superheroes etc. All costumes and accessories will be provided. Hosts will be required to supply their own ‘princess-style’ flat shoes, and male hosts black shoes. Due to the nature of the job, hosts should be well-presented and a max size 10-12 as all we all share and trade costumes according to bookings. Any tattoos must not be visible and can be covered with clothing/make-up, and facial piercings will need to be removed for party durations.
Who is a Party Host?
The most important character trait of a party host is the ability to develop a great rapport with children! We want happy, bubbly and energetic hosts who love kids and aren’t afraid to be a little silly!
Our work is proximately weekend based, so regular weekend availability is a must; as is a WWCC and a reliable transport.
We are looking for extremely reliable party hosts, who are in regular contact with our office to confirm bookings and update us on their availability.
Whilst there is no single person that “fits the mould” of a Party Host our experience has taught us that if you fall into any of the categories below, and have an love working with children, Fairy Cool Parties may be right for you!
- Actors & Creatives
- Child Care workers / Nannies
Actors and Creatives:
- You are pursuing a career in acting, dance, music, film, writing or any other creative pursuit and you need time to make that happen.
- Whilst Party Hosting may not be the ‘big break’ you are after, we may be able to support you financially whilst still giving you the mind space to make your dream a reality.
- You are a student that needs a casual job and is available for some gigs on the weekend and keeping your weekdays free for study!
- You are also interested in working with children, and perhaps a performing background.
- You are a childcare worker that is looking for additional job opportunities on the weekend to supplement your income.
- You are interested in providing exceptional party entertainment and aren’t afraid to be energetic, bubbly and entertain a crowd!